Hypothermia

I chose the topic hypothermia; I chose this topic because this is what eventually happens to the man in the story to build a fire, resulting in his and his dog’s death. I ask myself three questions: 1.What is hypothermia?, 2.What happens to the body? during hypothermia, and 3. How do you get rid of hypothermia? I found the answers to my questions on websites that were based on basic opinions of doctors and researchers. So this way I know the websites are true and correct.

I learn many new things about hypothermia such as you body begins to slow down resulting in slow movement and poor coordination. Some people even get confused, dizzy or have slurred speech. And if it is severe you respiration and heat rate slows down. This reminds me of an episode of Paw Patrol that I was watching with my sister. An animal got stuck in the snow and was very cold so when the pups and the animals got him out they had to give him food and cover him up.

While researching this I also wanted to research hyperthermia, which is the opposite of hypothermia. I would research this to see how different they are from each other although they both have something to do with body temperature. Have you every thought about what this would feel like, if this were you in his position or even the dog’s position?

2 thoughts on “Hypothermia

• You can get hypothermia by not having enough heat in your body when your body temperature gets below 95 degrees fahrenheit. This happens when your out in a cold place or in a place with no heat. You can kill hypothermia because it’s not a living thing. But you can escape it if it’s not too late. You can do this by wearing warm clothing, covering you whole body escape the face. If the person is alert enough to swallow given them warm sweet, non-caffeinated, nonalcoholic beverages to that person.By doing this, this person should be able to recover.